Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
Due to streams and downloads the number of sales units increases rapidly. Therefore, we are required to handle even bigger data feeds, process them faster and at the same time more precisely in order to gather deeper and better insights.
Based on this knowledge, we can strategically align our marketing, talent acquisition and controlling activities to continue our success story.
We have been writing music history for over 100 years representing numerous local and international artists across all genres. Our accomplishments are driven by our love for music, extraordinary artists and our ambitious team.
Here is your chance to join! We are looking for a Data Products Backend Developer (m/f/d) for a limited (2 years) full-time position at our Headquarters in Berlin.
Your key responsibilities:
- You are responsible for shaping high-quality software within an agile process
- You actively participate in product & feature discovery sessions
- You implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and experience
- You take ownership of the whole development cycle – from architectural design to implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
- You design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Python code
- You help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- You identify bottlenecks as well as bugs and devise solutions to these problems
Your general profile:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- You already gathered practical experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- You are able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- You are music driven and really care for the results you are producing
- You like to be proactive and autonomous in your work but you’re also keen to collaborate with your team
- You are willing to take responsibility for your actions as well as decisions and eager to develop efficient solutions
Your Tech Stack knowledge:
- You are experienced with backend architecture and Python
- You know how to create and implement REST APIs
- You are familiar with Django & Django REST framework
- You have a successful track record working with database technologies, especially PostgreSQL
- You are no stranger to Git, working with 3rd party APIs and ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- You can gain big plus points if you’re also firm with Elasticsearch and AWS / Cloud Hosting
Who we are:
- Music embodies emotion, creativity, adventure, tradition and innovation at the same time - as a team we pursue the constant desire to advance the Universal Music project
- Diversity, mutual appreciation and tolerance - both human and musical - are essential for us. Therefore, diversity and inclusion are constantly supported and promoted by HR and our Better Together initiative
- We live an open communication and thrive as a team - for this purpose we meet at eye level with an informal "you" across all hierarchies
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- Together we take responsibility, even beyond our daily business, which is why we are actively committed to more sustainability and environmental protection through our Sustainability Workgroups
Our benefits for you:
- Be mobile at any time and benefit from BVG benefits, our job-bike leasing offer and our home office policy
- Keep on growing and developing through various workshops and trainings
- Receive support for all challenges in life - professional and private - through independent consulting and coaching services
- Profit from cooperative success through our employee participation program
- Stay healthy through various sports activities and healthy food in our subsidized canteen
We are looking forward to receiving your online application via our application form! Please upload your documents (letter of motivation, CV, references) as files and state your earliest starting date and salary expectations.