Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group (UMG) is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
At consumer development in Marketing Labs, our mission is to build up owned and operated platforms and media brands that connect fans with artists. Our digital media brands incl. Stoked, Ich Find Schlager Toll, The Circle Sessions, Digster Pop, or MusicBash. We have a multiplatform strategy with a
360°-marketing approach and are active on all leading streaming, video and social media platforms, and voice. We are producing and publishing videos, podcasts and other forms of content, as well as creating our own global mobile apps and voice skills, such as MusicBash app.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Growth Manager (m/f/d) in our Berlin office to further accelerate our growth.
About this role:
- Analyse user behavior and identify, develop and implement strategies and marketing initiatives to grow our audiences across all platforms by thinking outside the box, leveraging synergies and implementing growth hacking strategies
- Find new trends to grow our playlists or performance marketing campaigns
- Analyze impact of our owned and operated channels and marketing activities on audience growth, engagement and music consumption to generate learnings on best practices and scale them together with team
- Scan market and other creators through looking at our extensive data and use market analytic tools such as Tubular, Priori Data and our internal playlist tools such as UML (Universal Music for Labels) to identify growth strategies and trends at an early stage
- Further develop our internal reporting structure and dashboards to make full use of all available data and improve KPI and metrics system
- Run growth experiments and find new mechanics to accelerate growth, if successful scale with team
- Use third party tools or build new tech tools to automate marketing processes or identify promising creators at an early stage
Skills & Experiences
- College Degree in commercial education or bachelor’s degree in media, Communications or Business Studies or similar studies
- Advanced understanding of digital platforms such as music programming, video, media or marketing and preferable a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably from the music or entertainment fields
- Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current and forthcoming technologies and general market trends Music industry experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through
- Experience in working as an interface for various departments / managers
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability and effectiveness to work with team members
- Open-minded, self-starter attitude, entrepreneurial mindset and communicative with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Due to your affinity towards music and trends you identify and develop new Playlist-Portfolios
- Passion for music and open for all kinds of music genres- Pop, Rap, Ind, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
- Good German skills are required
- Helping individuals achieve their career goals by investing in their development and success while cementing UMG’s position as the world leader in music-based entertainment
- UMG is committed to seeking out and hiring the best; bold and innovative thinkers who bend the curve
- We live an open-minded culture with flat hierarchies
- Diversity and Tolerance – as humans and musically – are important to us
We are looking forward receiving your application!
Please only apply online with a purposeful application. Please upload your cover letter, your CV and certificates as files (max. 10 MB per file) and state your earliest starting date and your salary expectations in the question fields.