Universal Music is the market leader in the music business. The world’s most famous and most successful record labels belong to us. We’ve been writing music history for over 100 years representing legendary musicians across all genres. Our accomplishments are driven by our love for music, extraordinary artists and our ambitious team.
As part of Universal Music Group International – Global Classics & Jazz, you will be working for all the Classics and Jazz labels at Universal Music Group, including Deutsche Grammophon, Decca Records, the Verve Label Group and Blue Note Records, as well as select international releasing territories.
Placing these labels’ artists and products at the heart of the international market is the key task of our International Marketing division. We manage strategy, promotion and marketing for artists such as Lang Lang, Andrea Bocelli, Melody Gardot, Max Richter, Ludovico Einaudi and Gregory Porter, as well as promising newcomers like Vikingur Olafsson, Sheku and Isata Kanneh-Mason, Jon Batiste and Jacob Collier.
Here’s your chance to join! We’re looking for an International Marketing Manager (all genders) to join us at our Headquarters in Berlin and to be part of an international team reporting into our London office. This is a temporary position, starting on November 1st, because the holder of the post will be on 12 months maternity leave.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop worldwide marketing strategies and promotion campaigns for your artists/releases, alongside the labels, and execute them with the local operating companies worldwide
- Ensure the delivery of all visual imagery (video, photography, promotional materials) for all acts to the market as appropriate and adapted as necessary
- Act as the link between the artists and their management companies, labels, and local Universal Music Operations Companies
- Understand, analyse and adapt to the constant flow of streaming, sales, media and social data
- When appropriate, travel to territories to support promotional activities
Your professional profile:
- A minimum of three years in marketing in the music industry, with a broad knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- A love of music, and preferably a good knowledge of classical and/or jazz repertoire
- Ability to demonstrate required flexibility and initiative to successfully network and develop relationships with artists, their management and our global markets
- Flawless English – written and spoken; German and other languages are very helpful
Your personality matters:
- Your approach to work is structured yet creative; you are used to working in a fast-paced environment, and rapidly changing conditions don’t fluster you
- You communicate pro-actively, and are very confident speaking with artists, and internal and external partners
- Organizational skills – ability to balance conflicting priorities of a portfolio of artists, recognizing the degree of urgency and input required
- Creative and imaginative thinking, and open-minded to unconventional ideas
- You are willing to travel internationally when required, and are used to flexible working hours with regard to communication in different time zones
Who we are:
- Music embodies emotion, creativity, adventure, tradition and innovation all at the same time - as a team we strive to advance the Deutsche Grammophon project
- Diversity, respect and tolerance - both human and musical - are essential for us. Therefore, diversity and inclusion are consistently supported and championed by the People & Culture team as well as our Better Together initiative
- We live an open communication and thrive as a team - for this purpose we meet at eye level regardless of hierarchy
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find simple solutions
- Together we take responsibility, even beyond our daily business, which is why we are actively committed to more sustainability and environmental protection through our Sustainability Workgroups
Our benefits – because you’re important to us:
- Be mobile at any time! Benefit from discounts at the BVG, our job-bike leasing offer as well as home-office days
- We offer professional development through various workshops and courses
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program for all challenges in life (professional and private); we offer confidential counseling and coaching through a third-party provider
- Stay healthy through various sports activities and healthy food in our subsidized canteen
We look forward to receiving your application via our online application form! Please upload your documents (letter of motivation / cover letter, CV, references) as files and state your earliest starting date as well as salary expectations.